https://www.esma.com | Sint-Jorisveld 44 | 3390 Tielt-Winge | Belgium | +32 16 89 43 53
WHICH PERSONAL DATA DOES ESMA VZW PROCESS?
ESMA vzw is pleased by your visit to our website. We only process the data which you make available to us. We put great emphasis on the protection of your personal data. In this policy we clearly inform you how and to what purpose your data is being saved and used.
Here you find an overview of all the personal data which ESMA vzw processes:
- First name and family name
- Address details
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Other personal data which you actively communicated to ESMA vzw, orally or in writing (for instance by creating your profile on this website, in correspondence and/or by telephone)
- Data about your activities on our website
- Data about your internet surfing patterns across different websites
- Internet browser and device type
Special and/or sensitive personal data which ESMA vzw processes
WITH WHICH PURPOSE AND ON WHICH BASIS DOES ESMA VZW PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
Based on your consent or justified interest, ESMA vzw processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your payment;
- Sending our newsletter and/or other advertising materials;
- Calling or e-mailing you if this is necessary to be able to inform you about our activities and events;
- Informing you about changes of our services and products;
- Offering you the possibility to create an account;
- Delivering you our services;
- ESMA analyses your internet surfing patterns on our website in order to improve it and in order to align our offer of services with your preferences.
AUTOMATISATION OF OUR DECISION-MAKING PROCESS
ESMA vzw does not make decisions based on automated processes (decisions made by computer programs without the interference of a human being).
HOW LONG DOES ESMA VZW KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
ESMA vzw does not save your personal data longer than strictly necessary. Your data is saved for a maximum period of four years in order to be used for the purposes explained above.
DOES ESMA VZW SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
ESMA vzw shares your personal data with third parties if this is strictly necessary to execute the agreement and to fulfill a legal obligation. If ESMA vzw collaborates with firms which need to process your data commissioned by ESMA vzw, ESMA vzw enters into a data processing agreement with those firms to guarantee the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. ESMA vzw is the main responsible organisation which processes your data. ESMA vzw shares the categories of data as mentioned in paragraph 2. above with the following third parties:
- Accounting firms
- Event co-organisers
- Event app providers
COOKIES OR SIMILAR TECHNIQUES ESMA VZW USES
Cookies are also placed on the ESMA vzw website(s) by third parties. These are web analytics services and social media firms such as Facebook, Google+, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Twitter.
INSPECT, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR DATA
In order to be sure that the request to inspect your data comes from you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity card together with your request. Please cover on the copy the following data: the MRZ (machine readable zone, the area with numbers) and the number of your identity card. This is in order to protect your privacy. We will react as soon as possible and no longer than after four weeks.
We want to inform you that you have the possibility of filing a complaint at the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy which you can contact at https://www.privacycommission.be/en/contact-us
HOW DO WE SECURE PERSONAL DATA?