The Steering Committee (SC) is containing certain member groups (general categories):
- 2 ink or chemical manufacturer members
- 2 digital members
- 1 screen machinery member
- 2 pre-press members
- 1 substrate member
Goals of the Steering Committee:
- SC discusses or decides all strategic, financial, and organisational topics
- SC discusses and decides on operational topics which the Board was not able to during its meeting the day before
- Chairmen or Vice Chairmen present the summary to the GA The Steering Committee will contain the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Treasurer of the Board.
The representatives from each category should also meet certain requirements:
- The person should be a decision maker for its company
- The person should be a representative of the related category
- The person can make immediate decisions for the representation of its company or industry group
The Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Treasurer are elected by the members of the Steering Committee (SC) and not by the General Assembly.
The ESMA General Manager participates on SC meeting (incl. minuting the meeting and monitoring To Do’s) Election sequence:All terms are for 2 years, but only the term of the Chairman is limited to 2 years at one time.
The Vice-Chairman is voted as the successor to the Chairman and has a minimum term of 4 years.